Our team of staff is made up of experienced social workers, qualified nurses and volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds. This includes people with experience in foster care, children’s services, teaching and leisure management.
We’re currently trying to recruit enthusiastic volunteers for our contact centre in Birmingham. You’ll be joining a friendly, innovative team who share an interest in promoting positive child contact.
Child Contact Centre volunteers should be:
- Cheerful and genuine.
- Assertive but not dominant.
- Able to understand issues that affect separating families.
- Able to build relationships whilst remaining impartial
- Able to deal with difficult situations.
- Prepared to work as part of a team.
- Prepared to follow policies, procedures and guidelines.
- willing to attend and participate in ongoing training.
The National Association of Child Contact Centres (NACCC) states that “every child contact centre must have an agreed system for offering support to its volunteers and staff”.
At our centre you can expect excellent support from people with decades of combined specialist knowledge. You’ll also enjoy good working conditions, training opportunities and an allowance to cover your expenses.
For more information about joining us as a volunteer, contact us today!